• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What HDD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sureshot

Registered
Well, it seems as if my year-old WD 200Gb is about to die on me (loud click every so often, the old 'slowmo, cd-jammed-esque noise when listening to music' symptom has reared its ugly head too). In the last couple of years, I've had 2 Maxtors die on me, and now this one too by the sounds of it.

So, was just wondering about any recommendations for HDDs at the moment? Perhaps a Seagate?

Oh and SATA preferred.

:welcome: to the forums. IMO, Seagates are a very good choice. Their warranty simply cannot be beat. Try looking at Newegg or ZipZoomFly for a great deal on the SATA 7200.7 or 7200.8 Seagate Barracuda.

Hope that helps! :)

I wouldn't just give up on it. You should back-up all your data on CDs or Flash Drives, and then format the hard drive, reinstall the operating system, and see if it still does it. It might just be a problem in the registry which is affecting the hard drive. If this was the case, and Windows was reinstalled, the problem would most likely be gone.

Back