• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800XL with PCI-Express and AGP connection!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Schwing!!! Ingenious. If only other mfgs were that forward thinking in favor of the customer. Most other mfgs are like screw the consumer they can buy a new card too when they upgrade

well, if that is released around the same price as the other x800xls and i didnt buy one yet......thats definetely what ill get. that will save me an upgrade later if i decide to go to pciex sooner than planned. great idea by them and that cooler looks like it will rock!

Hmmmmmm interesting... I like to know how well the card clocks...... is it typical of standard AGP/PCI-E cards in regards to overclocking and performance?

Nice - if they would have come out with it a year earlier they could have made a killing - at this point I think a lot of the power-hungry have made the transition to PCI-E already - or are about to commit to it anyways.
Nevertheless very interesting - wonder what the performance difference will be between the PCI-E and AGP of the same card...

It's excellent to see this, it basically future-proofs a high-end AGP video card.

Cards built like this (if they ever hit the mainstream market) will almost certainly cost much more than a standard PCI-Express or AGP card however.

That article mentions that this XL model uses the Rialto bridge (which raises card manufacturing costs) for the AGP side of things, and I would assume that the PCB is far more complex (which raises card manufacturing costs) than a standard-fare XL, for it to accomodate the two different interfaces properly.

Only problem I see is that with the remote PCI slot header, how are you supposed to secure the card down, unless they supply some sort of card keeper with it?

Back