• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could You Verify My Cabling Please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Can anyone just let me know if my cabling is correct (Pic Below) for my network we get broadband in next friday and I want to get the connections sorted before hand less hassle.

If I enter our user name & password into the router for each connection under router settings. Does that mean we can just click on IE6 and where connected?

Looks right to me if the router has a built in ADSL modem. If it doesn't, I think it would go
phone line->modem->router.

If the modem is built into the router, then you should be able to stay logged in all of the time and then you can just open a browser on one of your computers. You may also be to store the username and password in the modem if it is seperate.

Yep I got a Linksys AG241 ADSL Modem, Firewall 4 port router so my connection is correct excellent :attn:

Yep that's what I was wondering if I store the username and password for both ports etc we should be able to connect on the net at the same time.

AngelfireUk83 said:
Yep that's what I was wondering if I store the username and password for both ports etc we should be able to connect on the net at the same time.

you have no uid and pws on your computers. your router connects to the internet and automatically will give your other 2 computers a connection. in fact you couldnt use a user name and password for 'both ports' it would just be on the linksys and you will be on 24/7

Well it's strange cause the ISP we have lets you dial up to connect to broadband but I was wondering since there's a username & password in the setup for the router settings to use the router on the ISP. If I enter it there instead the ADSL modem inside will dial for me and thats it also enable ALWAYS ON CONNECTION and then both PC's just open IE6 and where on the net. Or am I going off the page here.

Back