• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are New in box BBA 9800's R360's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chris64

Disabled
Are the new in the store built by ati 9800 pro's R360's?? or are they r350's?
Do they still make the R350?? Im talking about the retail box 9800 pro BBA. What real benefits are there in the R360 besides the temp monitor?

I bought a new BBA 9800 Pro that had a R360 core on it. You will not recieve temp readouts because there is no chip to read it. The R360 does have it, but the actual PCB your 9800 Pro sits on does not have what it takes to read from the core.

I believe there was a mod to be able to read it that involved some soldering and whatnot but I don't quite remember where i read it from. But anyway, enjoy your new vid card with some HL2!!

Bryan D.

I dont know but I recently RMAed my R350 and they sent me back a brand new R350. On the RMA package it even says R350, so I belive they still make them. I have heard that saphire gives a better chance of getting an R360 core

Back