• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia strikes again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

Last night, my Ti4280 pretty much ran down to nothing. It was fubaring so badly that I had to turn it off and replace the video card. This would normally be ok for an old card but it was new (not used, I mean) only 3 months ago. I even had to exchange My Ti4280 for another one a week after I bought it. The core was messed up.

But this keeps happening with Nvidia cards I work with. Friend of mine had a 6600GT or whatever and it died almost 2 months after he got it. Thats just nuts. It has happened another time but it was with a Geforce DDR. That might now count...

At least my friend can RMA it through the store though. The store won't RMA mine cause they suck. 90 bucks down the drain. :rolleyes:

That sucks. It's probably just a case of bad cards, but you might want to check the rest of your system to be sure that isn't what is killing them. Check your voltages with a multimeter, and check that your AGP clock is set to 66mhz. Overclocking the FSB without a locked AGP/PCI speed will change the AGP speed, and this can cause a lot of problems (or none).

Sounds User Error. I'm usin a 6-year-old OEM Dell GeForce 2 GTS 32MB... My FX5600 was pretty rock solid, till i killed a few of the ram chips...

:cry:

my ti 200 was rock solid for years of gaming the only niv card ive lost was cause my parrot ate it while i was on vacation [it was out of the pc] my 6800U rocks top ten in 6800 o3

is there anything we can do to help or do you just feel like venting?
( i get like that too sometimes ;) )
i have an acient TNT2 that still works after being dropped.. shocked.. teh works... and my 5500 is still running strong even aftter i accidentily put As5 on some of the contacts ;)

Back