• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Venice - Not Good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilCloudStrife

R. Kelly is my roll model
my venice sucks... i couldnt even get it past 2300mhz without it erroring in prime95 ( errored after like 4 hours, but still..) my winnie only did 2200mhz.. am i doing something wrong here? i move the htt down to 800mhz.. pci/agp lock is on.. my ram is rated up to 250mhz with stock timings.. i am stuck here.. someone help my ram timings are really lose.. i also just tryed to overclock both chips on another motherboard (epox nforce3 ultra socket 939) with the same results.. what are the chances of getting two of the lowest clockers of its kind in a row? do i have bad luck?.. help me please :cry:

ohh yeah, by the way.. i tryed all the way up to 1.5v vcore on both chips

What kind of cooler do you have?
What kind of temps?
You also might have every setting at max in your BIOS, and that can also stop your OC

I suggest you find the limit of individual parts. Set a really low mem divider and multiplier, then see how high you can take your HT. Then, keeping the cpu multiplier really low, set your ram 1:1 and slowly climb to see it's limit. It is possible one of those 2 is limiting you.

Aside from that, what power supply do you have?

alright all... sorry i havnt been able to answer... here is the info you are looking for.
my stepping is LBBLE 0518APFW
Stock cooling, fairly normal to normal-high temps i think.. 46idle - like 56load
what do you mean by every option in the bios maxed?

i will try to find out the individual parts right now, i will update soon... my PSU is a thurmaltake 420 PSU.... it is a alright one i thought.. i have like 18a on the 12v

evil im in the same shoe ram can run 250 but i fail prime95 so badly in 30sec

EvilCloudStrife said:
Stock cooling, fairly normal to normal-high temps i think.. 46idle - like 56load

Umm, i'm not quite sure on this, but isn't 56 load incredibly high for a 90nm s939 CPU? Isn't the max rated heat something like 60c?

max rated temp is 70c... i think it is fine, and not only that but my motherboard sensers are screwy.. (i think..) i put 1.475 volts max into it.. and why wouldnt 18a cut it? i heard it was going to be enough...

The Venice chips seem to like high voltage in my opinion. If your power supply can keep up and you can keep the temperatures low enough, I'd suggest giving it at least 1.6. I have mine set to about 1.69 right now cause I've been trying to get past this 2.7Ghz wall. I wouldn't say that you need to give it that much but you're still going to need to give it some more.

Run other things for stability.

Is your HTT frequency at 2x or 3x when above 250HTT? Have you tried different settings from other peioples succesful things?

update for all... this is acting really really funny

okay, so i was running my HTT @5x 250mhz
my ram was running at 2T @250mhz EDIT: the vdimm was at 2.775
my cpu was at a 7x multi... it would boot fine, stable in windows an everything (this is underclocking it a bit) [[[[EDIT: the vcore was at 1.4 vcore stock]]]]but when i try to boost it up to 8x 250mhz (2000mhz, stock) it wouldnt boot to windows at all! i got into safe mode, but that is it.. i am really confused... anyone want to help here?

EvilCloudStrife said:
alright all... sorry i havnt been able to answer... here is the info you are looking for.
my stepping is LBBLE 0518APFW

i will try to find out the individual parts right now, i will update soon... my PSU is a thurmaltake 420 PSU.... it is a alright one i thought.. i have like 18a on the 12v

Mate,

Something is wrong with your cooling. A 3200 Venice should not run so hot when Idle. My full load temps @1.58V, 2700MHz is 42C. Try reaseating your HSF . If that does not work I'm pretty sure that the IHS is not making good contact with the core.

EvilCloudStrife said:
ohh yeah, and right now i am running htt@ 250X5, ram is at 187mhz.. still testing

Isn't HTT soposed to be around 1000? 250X5=1250...
Try to keep HTT at around 1000 at all times.
Borrow another PSU from a friend and test it, I think 18A is enough but I might be wrong here.

WingsofGOD said:
goto 4x250...
i did, to no avail... also, i dont think it is running that hot at all.. i put this in my friends epox nforce 3 socket 939 and it was running @ 34c!!!! i think my motherboard is screwy

could it be my power supply? i wouldnt think so.. would it make a difference if i unplugged some stuff in there (extra hd, fans, all stuff i dont need)

Back