• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bx6 Compatability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

garfo

I was just checking on whether or not I would be able to use my Abit BX6 with a newer p3, such as the 1 Ghz version. I currently have a p3 550 E with the slocket kit. Thanks for the help guys, also what would be the reccommended heatsink/fan combo for the p3 1ghz cpu.

go for it, that board has not problems with a 1GHz chip.. just make sure you BIOS is uptodate.....
Whatheatsink are you using now? and do you plan on overclocking this chip?

When you do flash the BIOS, be sure to read all of the documentation. You may have to disable a few functions in BIOS before you flash it. I'm just giving you a heads up. Many of my friends just D/led the files and flashed it, and wondered why his PC wont boot. - Joeteck:D

garfo said:
I was just checking on whether or not I would be able to use my Abit BX6 with a newer p3, such as the 1 Ghz version. I currently have a p3 550 E with the slocket kit. Thanks for the help guys, also what would be the reccommended heatsink/fan combo for the p3 1ghz cpu.

yup i think someone else on the board has a bx6 with the 1000e in it. i have a bx6 2 with a 1000e. the bx62 is the same board with a few extra features. just make sure you have the latest bios and turn speed error hold off.

when your computer initially boots witha 1000e it will say pentium 3 666. kind of evil if you ask me. just set the fsb to 100 and turn off speed error hold and your set to go.

Re: Re: Bx6 Compatability

Ebola said:

yup i think someone else on the board has a bx6 with the 1000e in it. i have a bx6 2 with a 1000e. the bx62 is the same board with a few extra features. just make sure you have the latest bios and turn speed error hold off.

when your computer initially boots witha 1000e it will say pentium 3 666. kind of evil if you ask me. just set the fsb to 100 and turn off speed error hold and your set to go.
Latest Bios is BX6QS.EXE at www.abit.com.tw.

Joeteck said:
When you do flash the BIOS, be sure to read all of the documentation. You may have to disable a few functions in BIOS before you flash it. I'm just giving you a heads up. Many of my friends just D/led the files and flashed it, and wondered why his PC wont boot. - Joeteck:D

Not too sure what you mean?:rolleyes:

Back