• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download Wikipedia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dell_Axim

What's the best way to download Wikipedia onto a hard drive for viewing without an internet connection?

I think I have something for you but wikipedia is down at the moment so I will wait to make sure it is the correct link.

-edit-

You can download the mysql databases to plug into wikimedia (the engine wikipedia uses) here .

Last edited:
Yeah, but I'm guessing it would take a... a while. :p

edit: I just looked and if I read write I guess its a 900 MB file for the english stuff. So thats not too bad.

khiloa said:
Yeah, but I'm guessing it would take a... a while. :p

edit: I just looked and if I read write I guess its a 900 MB file for the english stuff. So thats not too bad.

Yeah, although I don't really see the point of downloading it at all, since at least I only use wikipedia for research and personal interest and just about all, while doing that I'm using the internet to browse for more related material. There is benefit, sure, just seems a bit of a waste of a hard drive, not to mention so many of the articles are still undone.

Back