• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek 6600 GT TDH Volt mod opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Westline

Hey Guys, I am on a quest to break the 8k mark in 3dmark05. I am thinking about volt moding my two cards and I would appreciate any advice on how to go about doing this. I saw a pencil volt mod thing, but does that really work? http://www.vr-zone.com.sg/?i=1636&s=3 By volt moding my card, increase my 3Dmark05 scores by 400 points? And damn, that heatsink mod on the vr-zone page puts mine to shame, 31c Idle with a 29c ambient temp. Too bad there is no way you can run that thing in SLI.

Heh, I attempted the pencil volt mod for the AGP version and nearly fried my card three different times.....

I got it to work though. With some extra cooling added to my computer (computer near screen door with giant fan blowing in) I eventually got from a max stable core of 605 up to 630.

Hmmm... Coustang, I don't know if I want to risk frying my cards, but hey its an excuse to upgrade :)

What I don't understand about the Pencil Volt mod, is how a little graphite can safely deliver a greater voltage.

Id just give it a shot, mabey on one to make sure it works. That way, you dont fry both :p

alright, heres what the pencil does. it lowers the rohms of the resistor you shade, lower ohms = more volts, and the pencil just shaves it down, and the graphite conducts the extra volts.

Hmmm. I think I might try this next weekend. I want to see if i can get to 8k and then 9k on a pair of 6600's :) I think 9k would be nice but i think 8k is more obtainable. I am really tempted to try this mod. How much pencil do you use?

Back