• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best defragmentor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naz

iv been testing new defragmenting programs, im currently using perfectdisk 7, i like perfectdisks smart placement statagy and offline defrag. im wondering whats the best/safest/stablest hard drive defrager. thanx

Personally I'm using Diskeeper 7.0 and it has blown me away with the performance gain.

PerfectDisk does a great job at defragging. It and O&O are my two favorites. Diskeeper is pretty good as well, but I like some of PerfectDisk's features a bit more :)

JigPu

I've used Diskeeper for a long time and it's all I've ever needed.

I love the Set it and Forget it option it has. When the computer (or a certain HDD) is idle for a period of time, it works on defragmenting it. If suddenly, you need to read or write to the computer or drive, it stops and lets you do what you need to do w/o hogging a ton of resources.

Its got a lot of nice features, like boot-time defragmenting and page-file defragmenting. It can tailor itself to your needs (more free space, better performance or both) and run silently in the background. It's real nice and fairly cheap for the features.

Back