• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push Start a fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

Well, i've been tryin to see how many devices it takes to load up my fortron 530w enough to give it proper voltage regulation (iits at 11.83v @ the 12v right now)... Anyway, last night, when I plugged in my stock northy's heatsink, it didn't work. the COM wire was GND'd, and the yellow wire (thats NOT the tach, intel did somethin wierd...), it didn't turn on... I was like, wtf??

So i turn the fan with my hands after it's plugged in, and it spins up at full speed.

Any remedies?

Maybe the fan has dirt in it or the bearings are bad. With it unplugged spin it with your hand and see if you feel any rough spots when you rotate it. I take it this HSF was out of your case in a drawer somewhere until you decided to hook it up so maybe something fell on it and messed up the fan a little bit.

well, after I took it outta my comp, i left it in a box. Never really messed with it much..

Maybe i should grease it?

Greasing it didn't do anything

Last edited:
Back