• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel Sound Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

graemek

Hi there

Hopefully someone can help me, I am currently using a pc based mixing program called Traktor, and to use it properly I need a dual channel sound card, to enable me to play the tunes through the speakers while using a separate channel for headphone for pre listening to tracks before mixing, can anyone tell me what would be the best card for this as i am lost. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Graeme

You could just install two sound processing devices. Such as your current sound board and a USB headset. Then you may select wich device you want to use for audio in certain applications.

J.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean recording and playback at the same time? That's just full duplex, which any decent modern card has.

I thought perhaps he meant full duplex as well. But then again, listening to two different data streams at once will require two different audio processors. Some plantronics USB headphones would do the trick.

J.

Oh oh oh wait...you just need two outputs...You could probably rig any surround card to do just that. If in your audio software you can specify the output channels, you can probably use the first two channels for speakers and the second two for headphones. But that might be tricky to actually get working...

Back