• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech SKT600 temp monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Is there any way of monitoring the temps on a SKT600 board? MBM5 doesn't seem to work for this board.

Zulu-1 said:
glad to help
sorry no one responded :(

No problem. This does look like a slow forum. However if Speedfan is to be believed, my idle temp is 5-6°C

Given I'm running a peltier, I can believe that. However it is about 5-7°C colder than my idle temps with the same chip on a ECS K7S5A. Motherboard may not have the best sensors.

torin3 said:
Given I'm running a peltier, I can believe that. However it is about 5-7°C colder than my idle temps with the same chip on a ECS K7S5A. Motherboard may not have the best sensors.

On further reading, it looks like I'm actually running at 20-21°C. With the higher ambient temps and a motherboard that can actually run the CPU at rated speed that seems right. However, I'm wondering what the heck is saying it is at 6°C?

MBM5 doesn't seem to work for this board.

How did you even get Speedfan to read on that board? I installed it on a rig I built for the GF and it isn't showing *any* temps. What version of Speedfan did you install?

FlailBoy said:
How did you even get Speedfan to read on that board? I installed it on a rig I built for the GF and it isn't showing *any* temps. What version of Speedfan did you install?

I'm not sure. I no longer have that board, but I downloaded the same version on my laptop. When I get home I'll look at the version and post back here.

torin3 said:
I'm not sure. I no longer have that board, but I downloaded the same version on my laptop. When I get home I'll look at the version and post back here.

Ok, it is 4.24

Hope that helps.

Back