• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voodoo 5500 or radeon 64 ddr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myself and I

Disabled
Which one has the best screen shots in visiual quality ?
Right now i am running my friends geforce 3 and to tell you the truth i dont like it it all that much for the money i spent
anyone who reads this please submit and nice good radeon or voodoo 5500 pic
thanks
i need to buy a new card

there is very little that can beat full screen anti-aliasing.

i have a voodoo 4 4500, and in UT (my fav game) with FSAA on, it looks AMAZING. i can easily run 1280x1024 resolution on the system in my sig. think of that res, fluid, with NO PIXELATION.

full screen anti-aliasing basically removes all blocks. if there is a ledge or soemthing that is diagonal, usually, you see the jaggies that the pixels create. FSAA will remove those completely in realtime. so, all you see is a straight line. kinda like flash animations almost.... raster based rendering compared to pixel based.

Radeon

I have neither card (waiting for my Radeon 32 DDR) :(

But, I have done much research on the subject so I'll try to add my 2 info.

Basically, I'd say the Radeon is the better card hands down. In reviews I've read at tomshardware.com, it FAR outperforms the V5 5500 in just about every area. I think the only area that they are close is in 16 bit color, which no one uses.

I am surprised you are disappointed in your GF3 as I've seen lot's o'people that love them. Is it a decent make of GF3? On thing I will say, is that the image quality on the Radeons is the best I've seen.

Since you already have a GF3, there is no need to rush in to anything. The new Radeon 8500 is almost available and you can get one from Dell for around $200. You could probably sell your GF3 for nearly that much (if it is a good card) and get the latest technology. Look for the threads discussing the Dell deal (it may even still be on the OC.com front page.

Can't wait to get my Radeon...

Yep Radeon 64 ddr vivo or the new 8500 hands down over a V5500 old technology

Why bother with an outdated video card , when you can get something newer that performs better and will provide sharper crisper, quality/clarity of detail.

Radeon hands down $145 US for a 64 ddr vivo or $203 for Radeon 8500 at dell.com theres the deal either one of those, I love my 64 ddr Radeon vivo!!!:D

Here it is.

http://accessories.us.dell.com

Easiest way is to go there and put "Radeon" in the search (minus the quotes).

I just tried it and got a SQL error from the Dell website, but I'm sure they'll have that fixed soon.

There was a 20% discount off the $250 they have listed. I have heard it was for anyone and then I have heard it was for small businesses only so I am not sure what the story is.

It is not out yet so it may be a little while before you get it from Dell since I am sure may people are ordering these.

Back