• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you guys think of this setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegreek

I will be buying the setup below... I have 90% of the money saved up. But before I go and buy everything let me know how it looks and if I should change anything.

Lian Li v2100
ASUS P5WD2 Premium (955X)
Intel P4 660 (3.6)
CORSAIR XMS2 5400UL (2x512MB)
Maxtor MaXLine III 300GB SATA (16MB) - 5 Year Warranty
PC Power & Cooling 510 Express
Leadtek TDH Extreme 6600GT (until G70 comes out)
PLEXTOR 16x SATA DVD±RW
Audigy 2 ZS

Cooling: Storm G4 -> Maze4 Copper chipset -> Fusion HL -> 342 -> MCP655 -> 302

The things I already have are:

Lian Li v2100
Storm G4
Fusion HL

I was also thinking about skipping on the card now and buy an OEM later around $60... but I thought Audigy 2 ZS were good cards?

thegreek said:
I was also thinking about skipping on the card now and buy an OEM later around $60... but I thought Audigy 2 ZS were good cards?

They are. The on-board sound on is certainly nothing to scoff at, but it goes without question that a good Audigy 2 Zs will come out the victor. Of course, I wouldn't bother if you're using some cheap PC speakers, but the right system (high-end Logitech, Klipsch, home theater) will help you make sense out of your purchase. Currently, I run my Audigy 2 Zs in my DFI NF4 setup and haven't looked back.

In short: if you have the money to spend, go for it :thup:

deception``

Ok you have nice on board sound but, having a sound card will help your processor performance wise, as it doesnt have to do calculations for the sound )i think?(

Blackmage said:
Ok you have nice on board sound but, having a sound card will help your processor performance wise, as it doesnt have to do calculations for the sound )i think?(

With systems running so fast, the performance penalty of running an onboard sound solution is negligible at best. He should be most concerned with excellent audio fidelity when it comes to choosing the right solution.

deception``

Back