• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

avi codec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tunnel

hi all am looking for a avi codec for windows media player 10 so i can play my movies that are in avi format.

can any1 help ???????

lol...that's kind of a vauge request, as avi files can be encoded with one of thousands of different codecs. Have you tried Xvid and Divx? Those are the most popular.

Here's a tip: download and run 'Gspot' It's a program that will take the video, and tell you what audio and video codec it uses. Then all you have to do is find and download that codec.

Well, just download and run the program, then open the avi file you want to play. It will tell you detailed information about the file, which includes which codecs it uses.

I've never used it, but the program dicecca112 suggested also looks promising, and probably does the same thing.

I thought the new WMP10 had an avi codec, I never had a problem with it, but anyway, look for GKnot codec pack and it will have everything you will ever need and probably more than you would want, lol.

Back