• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router Wont Restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Benvanz

My router wont restart for some annoying reason, Ive tried actually pressing the restart button but to no prevail. Should I try leaving it unplugged overnight?

All help appreciated.

The D-link, Linksys, and Netgears that I've worked on needed you to hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Do this with the unit plugged in.

well the router is a SMC 5 port barricade router....I already tried holding it down for 1 second (for restart) then I tried 5 seconds (for factory settings). But still no luck

I tried holding it down for 20 seconds, still nothing.....

Do you want to restart it or reset it? If all you want to do is restart it, unplugging it for about 30 seconds should do the trick.

JigPu

are you looking at the router lights once the router resets it flashes lights and continious to work as it worked before.

When I try to restart it, the Wan light goes off then goes back on a second or 2 later. Nothing still happens tho

Back