• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stable or not ? OCCT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tytlyf

Disabled
I have been using OCCT as a stability program recently and love it. I get through the 30minute stability test fine, but if I run the torture test, it isn't stable after about an hour of running it. So is this stable or not? The stability test is 100%, just not the torture.

If you don't have the same problem at stock settings, then I'd say your OC is not truly stable.

What are your temps?

I had a similar problem in that Prime95 would fail regularly after 1h 15min. The CPU and other reported temps were OK and I concluded it was the onboard power regs (PWMIC's) that were 'going off'. Using my finger I determined they were VERY hot.

btw I'm not familiar with your memory but DDR480 seems to be asking alot of it. You might get better (more stable) results by backing this off a bit.

P.S excuse my ignorance, but what is OCCT?

tytlyf said:
I have been using OCCT as a stability program recently and love it. I get through the 30minute stability test fine, but if I run the torture test, it isn't stable after about an hour of running it. So is this stable or not? The stability test is 100%, just not the torture.
Not stable.

OCCT is a stability program. I like it better than prime because it gives quicker results, and a nice little graph at the end of all your temps and voltages.

Back