• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair TCCD resistant to OC on NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knight3539

I just got some Corsair XMS PC3200 yesterday, installed it, tried to OC and have had a horrible time at it. Any increases in FSB lead to instability and lock ups. Even loosening the timings (6-2-3-2.0 or 6-3-3-2.5) isn't working. I had such high hopes for being able to OC this, but I don't seem to be having any luck. What is most frustrating is that I've got 1 GB of Kingston HyperX (2 x 512) DDR333 that I can OC to DDR400 @ timings of 6-3-3-2.5 -- keep in mind that this ISN'T even a 1 GB kit -- and it runs Prime 95 stable! If I start messing with the Corsair too much, I can't even get into Windows!

I've actually had my board all the way up to 420 FSB with the HyperX. Granted, the memory wasn't stable in Memtest test #5, but I could get into Windows. Does anyone have any ideas?

My system is the rig in my sig.

try 2.5-3-3-11 on the NF7...... that might get you some better results. For some reason a high TRAS like 10 or 11 seems to be much more stable on NForce2 boards.

I'll give that a try once I get home and post my results. If that doesn't work, should I RMA and get some OCZ sticks, or should I just hang on to them? I know that my board can do higher, but at this point, I'm being limited by my memory. Granted, it's an NF7-S and probably can't do THAT much higher than 400 FSB, but I'd still like to see with memory that's SUPPOSED to be able to do better than that since that's what I bought these sticks for in the first place.

Knight3539 said:
Granted, it's an NF7-S and probably can't do THAT much higher than 400 FSB

What you're saying isn't accurate. I've had my NF7-s up to 244fsb using PQI TCCD ram. Basically either the ram you have just doesn't like your mb or you haven't got the system set up perfect yet. I'd hold on to those sticks for awhile and continue tweaking them. You may also have to get a modded bios as some of the stock ones suck. Check my sig for the bios I'm using and head on over to the bios vault in the abit mb section. Good luck. :)

HousERaT said:
What you're saying isn't accurate. I've had my NF7-s up to 244fsb using PQI TCCD ram. Basically either the ram you have just doesn't like your mb or you haven't got the system set up perfect yet. I'd hold on to those sticks for awhile and continue tweaking them. You may also have to get a modded bios as some of the stock ones suck. Check my sig for the bios I'm using and head on over to the bios vault in the abit mb section. Good luck. :)

Does the fact that it's a Ver 1.2 and not a 2.0 matter? I'd hate to flash the bios and no longer be able to get into my computer.

Yes it does matter...... If you have an older version board you might want to check the bios vault to see if theres anything there especially for your version.

Setting the timings to 11-3-3-2.5 didn't work. Guess I'll just have to see how they overclock on the next board -- unless, of course, someone can point me to modded Bioses for the Rev 1.2 -- doubt it, though. Looks like I may just have to pick up a Rev 2.0. :rolleyes:

The 1.2 wasn't even supposed to go past DDR333 but people would get it to DDR400. The 2.0 brought it officially up to DDR400 with the C1 stepping NB. Any guess which one will OC the best? ;)

Back