• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Booster 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

I just found this program..i am wiery of if it is a scam or not.
The readme says the following:

CPU_INST.EXE - The main CPU Booster program. THis is where you do your configurating and setting up. THis will also install the CPU BIOS Patch into your BIOS ROM. (Or EEPROM if available) You will on;y use this program ones (unless you choose to uninstall and then re-install it again)

UNINSTAL.EXE - Will remove the patch from the CPU BIOS ROM.

CPU Booster "The program Intel does not want you to have"

CPU Booster is a premier program that will actually speed the CPU of your computer from 60 to 100%. No other program has ever claimed to do this.

If you have any questions, there will probably be some guys willing to help in IRC #cpu

I hope you all enjoy using CPU BOOSTER as much as i enjoyed making it. <Well, hopefully more...Much much more. Two of Assembly Programming, eiyy! :)

Dr. Schwinn.

hmm...what do u guys think? Spyware? Or maybe something legit?

It seems ok...but reckon it will actually work?

Try doing some googling, and see if other people have used it, and if it contains spyware etc, I'm very weary of programs that I haven't looked up myself. If a lot of people have been using it with no problems, then I'm assuming its legit, if you don't hear anything, or nothing at all about it, it's probably something that will mess your comp up

I tried looking it up, and it seems pretty obscure. I wouldn't trust it unless someone from this forum can tell us their experiences with this program as a positive one.

I can remember trying the original CPU Booster back when I had an old Intel Pentium 100. I can't say I noticed any difference in performance one way or another.

I think i'll give it a go on my server as its got a virus right now...i'll let you guys know how it goes :) It might be not until friday though, so be patient :)

I googled it and i couldnt seem to find anything on it...so yea...trial and error i suppose.

if its saying its going to write something into your bios rom I wouldent even try it, you may find yourself having to get a new bios chip, even if it did install and work sucessfully it probally dident make anything faster becuase it would be real popular on google

thats what im kinda afraid of...because its writing to the bios...

mjw21a said:
I can remember trying the original CPU Booster back when I had an old Intel Pentium 100. I can't say I noticed any difference in performance one way or another.
I remember the same thing. I don't think it's worth bothering with.

ok thanks everybody, i think i will just leave this be. It might cause more damage than gain.

ps2cho,

Back