• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trillian problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

I am using Trillian basic. I downloaded the newest version last nite, but when I add buddies to my list they automatically go to my offline contacts section and cannot see when they are online. Is there anyway to fix this? I specifically put them in my recent buddies list, but their names do not show up there. They just go to offline buddies. Anyone else have this problem?

I had this a few days ago, I just uninstalled Trillian then got the newest version and it worked. Also you might try gaim I like it better than Trillian, but it does not look as good.

What IM service is it? Some protocols require you to be authorized to view when contacts are online/offline. This probably isn't the problem though. Gaim is pretty sweet but it doesn't work anywhere near as well on Windows as it does on Linux.

khiloa said:
What IM service is it? Some protocols require you to be authorized to view when contacts are online/offline. This probably isn't the problem though. Gaim is pretty sweet but it doesn't work anywhere near as well on Windows as it does on Linux.
Gaim seems stable to me on MS, i have used it in linux on my laptop quite a bit too. Although it happened to me a few times in the past when u hover over a contact it will leave that info window open on top of other windows, it may be fixed but i don't use gaim much.

I haven't used it in a while on Windows, so it has probably improved since I last used it. I have only experienced 1 moment of strangeness on Linux with it.

Once the buddies come online, Trillian will (...well, should unless you've borked something :D) move them from the Offline Contacts section to the relevant one. If you don't like that and just want all your contacts listed where you put them, the way to disable it is to go View -> Categorize Offline Contacts.

When it's unchecked, the Offline Contacts section shoud go away, and all your offline buddies go into their respective sections.

JigPu

Back