• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX5600 or TI4600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sevin7

i fried my 6600gt agp, and my freind has 2 extra cards laying around, an fx5600 128mb, and a TI4600 128mb, he said i can have one of them, which one would give me better performance?

i hear you
i have a 5500, and i had a ti4600 that i returned for the 5500 (cause i was a newb) and the 4600 was waaay better
im an idiot :(

Zulu-1 said:
darn straight... i had a leadtek one where the whole card was a heatsink... and it had two fans too... i miss that card :cry:

I used to have an Asus Ti 4200 which clocked to high heaven, but about half a year ago i got to play with a leadtek 4600 which was indeed very nice.

Yeah don't bother with a FX card if you can help it - they really were NVidias BIG mistake of this decade..

Incidentaly HOW did you FRY your 6600GT?? :( I blew mine the other week but got it replaced at the shop.. can you not get yours replaced??

I blew mine I don't know how, I hadn't even OC'd it, I just took it out the slot installed a new mobo and put it back in and it was dead as a dodo don't know what the heck happened to it..

I hope to the lord above I don't damage this new one I have..

For some reason these 6600GT seem to be a little fragile no?

That's why i am scared stiff of OC'ing mine any higher than I have in my sig...

Although having said that - at least with the FX card you can at least see the directx 9 stuff, it might not run to well but you can at least see it :)

hrmm I am in two minds on this one now actually.

Last edited:
i had my 6600gt running @ 600/1200 with insane cooling, it never rose above 37c. My computer worked perfectly when i went to bed, i woke up and it was still on but no video signal, the card just randomly quit working. My freinds 6200 quit working, and ive herad numerious other stories of nvidia cards that quit working, im thinking im going to stay away from them ... and stick to ATI. Im probaly going to get R520 when it comes out :)

Back