• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where did I see that UV stuff?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AllRoy

Registered
I remember seing a place where you can order UV fans, looms, stickers...anyone remember where that was?

Thats not uv glowing paint, its glow in the dark paint there is a big diffrence.

Say you have a black light and you want somethings to show only when the light is on that is uv(changes color in uv light) but the paint you showed was glow in the dark and all that does is take the light in and showes it off when its dark(still cool with a black light because it will glow bright even when the light is on and charges at the same time)
dyelite is a type of uv reacting products(its used to check leaks in liquid systems)
If you watched "Gone in 60 seconds" you would see thats how they wrote the list of all the cars on the wall without anyone knowing its there(and when you put the black light on it reveals the message).

the glow in the dark paint is still a good ideal:D
hope this will clearify what uv products are

kevin_bouchard said:
Thats not uv glowing paint, its glow in the dark paint there is a big diffrence.

Say you have a black light and you want somethings to show only when the light is on that is uv(changes color in uv light) but the paint you showed was glow in the dark and all that does is take the light in and showes it off when its dark(still cool with a black light because it will glow bright even when the light is on and charges at the same time)
dyelite is a type of uv reacting products(its used to check leaks in liquid systems)
If you watched "Gone in 60 seconds" you would see thats how they wrote the list of all the cars on the wall without anyone knowing its there(and when you put the black light on it reveals the message).

the glow in the dark paint is still a good ideal:D
hope this will clearify what uv products are

I know what you were looking for, and Edmund SCientifics DOES carry it, I've seen it in their catalog. But when I went to look on the site, I didnt find any.

Oh ok now i understand, it was just when i read your post, it sounded like you thought that uv stuff and glow in the dark is the same.
But now I see :D

kevin_bouchard said:
Oh ok now i understand, it was just when i read your post, it sounded like you thought that uv stuff and glow in the dark is the same.
But now I see :D

Nope, I knew they were different, but also knew they'd work the same way, glowing brightly under a UV light.

if you go here the product talked about glows in uv light. You could use it as a paint and at the same time help condensation.

Last edited:
it does but it also glows in the dark, uv product on the other hand only glow under uv light and they dont have to be "charged"
hope this is what you wanted to know:D

They used tide in "Gone in 60 Seconds". Tide (the detergent) is also used alot in frat houses for parties, glows in the dark and stuff, just dunk your grills in there. It lasts for a long time suffice to say, dont get it wet.

You can also use Diswashing Detergent Liquid (Like Palmolive) diluted w/ a little bit of water. Only problem is that it leaves a sticky residue.

man that is soo cool, now i think i will have to spray my whole system with detergent.
Could it be that the detergent would reflex good the uv light because it is a bright white?

Oh and I just got my blacklight yesterday and it looks sweet in my case (18inch one and only set me back 35$)
The only think i find weird is that the sides of my pci/agp cards glow a bright green under the uv light(did this happen to anyone else).

Blah. Don't know how to put a link in here from another topic. Go to the cooling forum and look for the post titled 2 new ways for cooling or something like that. It lists a spray that glows under UV. Conformal spray or something like that. Go...look...then come back and tell me how the heck to put a link to another post in here.

hey typoonmike
I have posted the like to the topic in my post saying
"if you go here the product talked about glows in uv light. You could use it as a paint and at the same time help condensation."

for the future to make a link click the button on the top of where you type your message "http://" then follow the directions.

Back