• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Dothan parts look here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speed bump

There has been alot of interest in building Dothan rigs yet not everyone knows where you can get the parts to build one, so I am compiling this thread. It will include where buy the more desireable 533fsb, where to buy the ASUS CT-479 and where to buy CT-479 compatible motherboards at the best price.

533 FSB 7x0 Dothans
ewiz.com $204.97
reseller ratings

Shopperexpo.com $209
Unable to find reseller ratings

Gearxs.com $229.21
Reseller Ratings

Ewiz.com $246.17

Gentech Computers $261
reseller ratings

Shopper Expo $255

ewiz.com 299.73

shopperexpo $306

Gentech $314

ewiz.com $429.51

gentech $448

axiontech $472.95
reseller ratings

Adapters

Asus CT-479

ewiz.com $43.26

Zipzoomfly 49.99
reseller ratings

axiontech $54.95
reseller ratings

Compatible Motherboards

Asus P4P800-vm(includes inagrated video) Generally the least reccomended board of all CT-479 compatible boards.

Newegg $93

Monarch computer $93

Ewiz.com $92.70

Asus P4P800-se Generally considered to be in a tie for the best CT-479 Mobo or tied for it with the P4C800-e.

Newegg $92

ewiz.com $93.73

Zipzoomfly $94.99

Asus P4C800-e Considered the best motherboards for the CT-479 out there, It only competion is the P4P800-se

Monarch Computer $175

Ewiz $179.22

Zipzoomfly $179.99

Dumping Goods $109 Refurb
Reseller Ratings
Thanks to {PMS}fishy

Alright theres your basic selections for a nice Dothan system. I will update as needed.

****Notes******
Does anyone know where I can find reseller ratings for ShopperExpo.com?
These Prices do not include shipping.
This thread is not intended to be all inclusive.
****notes******

Hope this help with those looking for Dothan Parts.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have seen P4C-800s at dumping goods for around $100.

Sucks that the P4P-800-e/dlx isn't supported. Thats the best bang for the buck ASUS Mb.

It isn't officailly supported but flash it with the SE bios and your good to go.

Also I'm an Intel noob what the difference between the deluxe and the se?

Also the Dumping goods ones are used (which means you could end up with a revision 1 istead of the more desireable 2)and they have really low reseller ratings to start with.

I have had no issues with Dumpinggoods. They are refursihed, not used, there is a difference. They have a good reseller rating if you look at the reviews. People just get ****ed because they want to send something back, and dumpinggoods won't take it.

speed bump said:
It isn't officailly supported but flash it with the SE bios and your good to go.

Also I'm an Intel noob what the difference between the deluxe and the se?
Are you certain that this would work? Are their any other effects with the flash such as disable of other components on the P4P800 e/dlx that are not on the P4P800 se board ie. IEEE1394 . . . etc?

R

Apparently there is a Bios to make the p4p800 dlx works however it is only a Beta Linkage and does not allow voltage changes but allows FSB changes.

Also it is posible to to flash the P4P800-E with the P4C800-e bios, however doing so could possibly have wierd problems.

Another place you can look for the P4C800-E Dlx is on ebay and get it for a good price. I bought one last week there for around $130 delivered and it was new in box. I've already flashed it with the latest bios rev and I'm waiting for my proc to come in now. I also saw P4P800 SE mobo's listed too, generally going in the $50-70 range.

Back