• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you monitor your a7n8x temp accurately?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qsda

whats the best way to monitor you temps accurately on a7n8x rev 2.0

i use mbm 5 with some preconfigured settings (specifically for a7n8x rev 2.0) that i downloaded from somewhere. im not sure how accurate it is but the diode goes from 27 idle to 56 heavy prime95 load. how do you monitor yours?

Mate,
That looks to be o.k. Your idle temps are a bit low. I would add 3C to both load and idle temps. Almost all sensors under report temps. Speedfan tells you what sensor is reporting what temp. You can take the avg to obtain an approximate value.

If you're using stock cooling I would put those temps very much spot on. When I was using stock cooling I was doing 35 idle 63 load... At stock speed/voltage.

Could you link to where you got the preconfigured settings for MBM5 that let you view the cpu diode temp? I am haveing trouble locating it.

I dont think u need a preconfigured setting, Just start the MBM5 Wizard, once ur done setting it up, Go to the temp tab, and cpu diode on the dropdown menu, it'll show a Winbond W83L.... sensor. And this is the proper diode temp.

I dont think u need a preconfigured setting, Just start the MBM5 Wizard, once ur done setting it up, Go to the temp tab, and cpu diode on the dropdown menu, it'll show a Winbond W83L.... sensor. And this is the proper diode temp.
Yeah, I've searched these forums and on google about this topic and that's what people say to do, but It doesn't work for me. I am posotive i have an a7n8x-e deluxe(rev 1.01), i checked on the mobo itself. I chose the a7n8x-e deluxe on the mbm5 setup. I've even tried other versions of the a7n8x motherboard but its always the same. Here's what i have for sensors.
asus.jpg

Hopefully my image wont go down, the host has issues with linking sometimes.

EDIT: On an interesting side note, the cpu temperature in my bios appears to be the same as my socket temp sensor in mbm5 and asus probe. I read somewhere that the cpu temp in bios is usually the cpu diode...

Last edited:
Thats weird, dunno why it's not showing up for you. Here's a screenshot of mine. A7N8X regular rev 1.04
MBM5.JPG

And about the cpu temp in ur BIOS, it is infact the socket temp, it's the same temp that Asus Probe shows for the cpu. Typically for me, the socket is about 10C lower than the diode. So just add 10C to the socket and u have ur diode temp. :D I know its just a band-aid fix.
btw, which BIOS are you running? ver. no.?

So just add 10C to the socket and u have ur diode temp. I know its just a band-aid fix.
btw, which BIOS are you running? ver. no.?
:eek: Wow, its worse than i had thought then. Right now its gettin pretty warm in my apartment, I'd say ambient's around 26C(80F). My idle temp is about 46C and load is 54C. I knew it was runnin hot and was looking to upgrade from my stock heatsink and fan but i really need to get on that now. Any suggestions for a really nice heatsink and fan for my setup?

Edit: Running the 1013 bios which is the most up to date. Another odd thing about my sensors is, it wont let me select the "Asus 2(CUSL2)" sensor. If i try to select it, it just defaults back to "none".

Last edited:
If ur running Asus Probe, Speedfan or any other temp monitoring prog, it might be clashing with MBM. And talking about speedfan, have u tried that yet? maybe u can get that to show the diode temp. here's a link
Speedfan

And about the hsf, it depends on ur budget,
TT Silent Boost - $28.99 - Free Shipping
Spire something - $9.99 + $4.99 Shipping

im still running a TT volcano 7+ (im broke :p ) with the side panel open, my temps are like - Ambient 25C, Case 38C, CPU(diode) 45C (49Cload).

Last edited:
Heh, well, on my neverending pursuit for cooling. I built a cpu duct out of pizza boxes. I bulit it around my 2 exhaust fans next to the cpu so it sucks all the hot air from the opening of the duct, by the ram, past the cpu and out. I also cut a hole in the top of duct for the HS fan to blow down. Lowered temps a little but not enough, only a couple celcius. So, I went ahead and did a little research and splurged on a SI-97A HS from heatsink factory along with a 92mm tornado fan and a tube of AS5. Im hoping to drop my temps at least 8C, hopefully 10c or more(crossing fingers). Spent about $66 but what are student loans for anyway? I'll give that speedfan program a shot. Thanks for the help quiksilvr, i'll keep this thread updated about my new goodies.

EDIT: Installed speedfan, none of the temperatures resemble what my cpu diode might be so i still have no clue.
speedfan.JPG

Last edited:
Weird...Im stumped. If you cant get anythin else to work, last ditch effort, a temp probe. But Im not sure if u wanna spend all that money (im a college student too). Like I said earlier, the diode temps seem to be around 6-8c hotter than what Asus reports in the BIOS. That might get you by for a while. And about the temp. drop with the SI-97A, realistically, I would expect around a 5c drop, maybe 8.

Well, my package came a couple days ago. Between removing the copper shim from the old heatsink, the new SI-97, AS5 and a vantec tornado at 5200rpm's, my system is idleing at 37C, didn't test out load yet. I must say Iam very impressed with the heatsink. The vantec is too damn loud for my tastes, though. I think im gonna sell it on ebay or something and get a quieter high-flow 92mm fan. I guess i've given up on the cpu diode sensor. Just gonna try to keep my temps under 45-46C.

Sorry, couldnt help u much with the diode thingy. But atleast those temps are lookin good. And you think ur fan is loud, wait 'til u hear my TT @ 7000+RPMs.

download the latest mbm and i will post the preconfigured settings for you to download later tonight.

a7n8x rev2.0 mbm settings. just drop the files in the data folder which is inside where your mbm installed.

Attachments

• MBM Settings - A7N8X Rev2.0.zip
    69.8 KB · Views: 88
Back