• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

several questions :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chr0nicles

Hello.. i know i dont post in the forums much but i first off wanted to say that some of the overclockers here are mouth watering insane at what you do :p..... im only aplus and ccna certified going for my oracle certification next week and our teachers havent even talked about modding till i found this site and helped myself ^^

Alright since thats off, my case has 2 120mm intake fans in the front, 1 80mm on the window, 2 80mm out in the back, and one pci blowing out air also next to my video card. I first off wanted to know if there was a topic in removing you heatsync and fan from your videocard and installing a chipset fan. I looked around and didnt find it. My second question is how can you check if your power from the powersupply is to much? And my last question is that if you overclock your cpu too much and have to revert back to a previous fsb, would you just have to go back into bios and change it or would you have to restart cmos.

Thank You

Welcome.

I've seen several posts about removing the vid card heatsinks in this section and in the vid card section. near the top of the page you'll find a "search" button. Perhaps use the advance part of that to look up posts that cover your particular card. I've owned ATI cards lately and those are usually fairly easy to remove. Have the card out of the case laying on an anti-static bag. There are a couple of push pins that you need to pull the center part out and sometimes carefully pinch the barbs on the back side with needle nosed pliers. Seems like my 9800 also had a couple of screws that held the sink case together too.

Usually, the power supply will be too weak, but in rare situations it might be giving too much juice. Most overclockers would prefer more than less. But, you can use your motherboard monitoring software to check voltages and temps at idle and under load. If your mobo didn't come with a monitoring program, see if MBM5 supports your board. It's a free download that can be found with a google search.

Ok, what happens if you O/C too far and the computer is unstable. If you are increasing speed a little at a time, chances are you can still get into the BIOS on reboot to drop down a notch. If you went too far and can't get back inot the BIOS, then simply reset the CMOS with the little jumper on the mobo. If you can't find where the jumper is (maybe you lost your manual) or if there is no reset jumper, you can remove the battery for a few minutes and reinstall it again. That will reset the BIOS too.

yeah as for removing the heatsink and installing new ones, directions are usually porvided with the new heatsink. The arctic cooling silencer is a pretty good choice. What is this case with two 120mm intakes?

Back