• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dreamstalker vs. Comcast, part 7,465

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

So, all was well with the router and Comcast until this morning. I try to get online with the desktop, can't. Laptop is fine until I actually try to submit something, then the wireless is dropped.

Usually, shutting everything down and reconnecting the router/etc gets it jumpstarted again, but not this time. Taking the router out of the equation entirely doesn't change things; I'm pulling an IP, but have no actual connection on either computer. Tried the 4.2.2.2/3 DNS server, still more nothing.

Powercycle cable modem; nothing. Internet light is out, PC Link and cable Link are solid. According to Windows, my LAN is active, and Repair gives no errors.

I'm using the house dialup right now; sucks, but right now it's the only way I can get to my online courses.

I try to call Comcast for a line test, and they won't help me because I can't "prove" the account is mine; it's not, it's my mom's, and they verify accounts using the billing CC# which I don't have access to. So I have to wait until she gets home and try to convince her that I have nothing to do with our connection problems :rolleyes: and that since it's her account, she needs to make the call and learn how to fix this stuff in case it happens again when I'm not here.

Anyone have any other ideas that I can try to fix stuff, since right now I can't get authorized by Comcast as able to call in for this account?

I think I found the problem...the bill hadn't been paid. Of course, not being the one who pays that bill, I had no way of knowing this :p

Now, adding the router back results in nothing again *beats Linksys with a big honkin' virtual stick* so...something's wrong with that as I've had this problem before.

Back