• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building my own case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martindemon

That's it. There is no case that fits my needs (ok, not my needs, my taste :) ) now so I'll make it myself. Well, a good one was the CubedPC http://www.cubedpc.com/ but they are not there right now so I'll buy my own plexy and tailor it for my next system, which will be dual core X2 with ATI Crossfire :)

Now, I'm seeking a document that details all measures necessary to position the screws for the motherboard and the holes for the PCI/PCI express cards, and the CD racks, power supply... I could measure it but I would prefer to have an official document giving the exact measures. Else, I'll get the measures from my antec...

Why not just take a thin wood, and inforce both sides with plexiglass or sheet metal? That's what I would do.

put your compenets on a copy machine that should give you a scale model of the distance between the holes on your compnenets, also take measures on your cureent case

TheGreySpectre said:
If you draw something up in AutoCAD would you mind sending it to me to
Thanks

me too, just sent it to my email or something, i've always wanted to built my own case, but the problem with making HDD rail and CD rail just sux, if i can get that then it'll be no problem :)

martindemon said:
Good idea the the photocopy, but watch out because some machines have a 100:99 scale or something like that. I would suggest photocopying a cross or a box which you know the exact measures and then you measure the photocopied result.

I found that so perhaps it is enough :)
http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/atx2_2.pdf

I reinstalled acrobat 7 just for you :santa:

That pdf was worthy of looking over. Ansered a few questions ive never had.

thats a pretty good idea, but to me its alittle pricey, i remember seeing a stickie about someone that made their own UFO case, and personally i cannot really tell the difference between the custom made UFO and the real UFO case. i think the stickie im refering to is located in the project log section...

that would be my case that honhon is refering too...yay i made it so it looks good! :D the link is in my sig, but i didnt make the templates for the motherboad...i cheated, i used my crappy non-removable (but with a dremel it was) tray

hainer36 said:
that would be my case that honhon is refering too...yay i made it so it looks good! :D the link is in my sig, but i didnt make the templates for the motherboad...i cheated, i used my crappy non-removable (but with a dremel it was) tray

i knew you would be around here somewheres. :)

honhon said:
thats a pretty good idea, but to me its alittle pricey, i remember seeing a stickie about someone that made their own UFO case, and personally i cannot really tell the difference between the custom made UFO and the real UFO case. i think the stickie im refering to is located in the project log section...

Price of UFO case: 300$USD
Price of material to make a case exactly to my taste: somthing like 100$ to 150$ :)

This thread is getting interesting. I think I'm going to go build my own case now. :)

Back