• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Long Term Folding Team Plans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
OK guys time for some brainstorming. I would like to get a lot of events lined up over the next few months to bring in more powah.

FMP - @md0cer, whats the status on this? Is it back up and running at full steam?

Not WW5 - PMS/Frank/Guiness-lover when does NOT WW5 conclude?

Contests - I would like to run a summer contest but we need some sort of prize. Not had any luck sourcing prizes yet, but would members be willing to donate $5-$10 each to try and buy a nice prize so we can run a contest, if that was the only route?

Christoph - would your superduperubermegapwnage PHP/Perl/MqSQL skillz stretch to working out some tracking system for a contest?

MORE GHZ AND RAM!!!

I'll look into throwing a Pentium D into the mix in the coming months to complement my 640 and 530 systems...SSE3 power! Keep those QMD units coming. :)
If and when STASIS Thermal begins developing CPU waterblocks I'll have a great excuse to throw some additional muscle into the mix...I'd like to get one of the new Pentium D EE chips and clock it past 4GHZ! 1000PPD easy... :burn:

David said:

Not WW5 should conclude within two months of its starting date, perhaps as little as 6 weeks. If things work out then we might get to start this weekend, so that puts us finishing up somewhere around late julyish...

David said:
OK guys time for some brainstorming. I would like to get a lot of events lined up over the next few months to bring in more powah.

FMP - @md0cer, whats the status on this? Is it back up and running at full steam?

I gave him my hosting. Not sre whats happening

David said:

Contests - I would like to run a summer contest but we need some sort of prize. Not had any luck sourcing prizes yet, but would members be willing to donate $5-$10 each to try and buy a nice prize so we can run a contest, if that was the only route?

Christoph - would your superduperubermegapwnage PHP/Perl/MqSQL skillz stretch to working out some tracking system for a contest?

I will send in a 10'ner for a prize to be bought

I will donate more than 10. I was snooping around at [H]. There noob folder contest has a minimum of 5000 points. That seems like a really good idea. Keep them folding for more than 1 week. We can bump that up to 10000. (get the milage we can). Do you take pay-pal?

as for contests... we could do something like is being done over at Cryo-Labs (the whole of Cryo-Labs folds under Mark620) Users donate an item toward the contests, and users are randomly chosen with a random number generator.

Next month, I'm personally donating 2 items to the Contest, a thermaltake Volcano 11, and a 480Watt Dual Fan Blue LCD PSU (VERY Generic)

Back