• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2 = Awesome. Time Limit = Lame

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fighter2a

Yea it kicks ***. But the 12 minute time limit sucks. The weapons are a lot more innacurate then they used to be but it's all good. What do you guys think?

Well first the game didnt want to run on my GF3, so I popped in my FX5200. Now it works and it even runs great (game really has a wide range of graphical options, making it playable on the biggest POS video cards ever created. Too bad they don't support PS 1.1 so all these options are almost useles). Gonna see how it plays now.

grunjee said:
Tried it briefly... looks cool, but I'm having major texture problems. Also, I notice there's no widescreen support :(

i was getting the texture problems also, so i installed the 77.30 drivers that come with the demmo and now there no texture problems and the games looks alot better:)

hey guys try this
i did it for my BF1942
it will probably work here

c:\Battlefield 1942 - Demo\Mods\bf1942\Settings\Profiles\**Your Profile Name or Custom**\Video.con

Open that in notepad. Change "game.setGameDisplayMode 800 600 32" to what ever res you want and save it. now right click on video.con and click properties. Under attributes click the Read-only box and click ok. That should do it. The menus are still 4:3 but the game should be widescreen.

grunjee said:
Tried it briefly... looks cool, but I'm having major texture problems. Also, I notice there's no widescreen support :(

If BF2 is anything like BF1942, and I hear it is in this regard, you can get an screen size you want with a simple .con file edit...

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo A timelimit, I cant survive on only 12 minute rounds

to bad that dont have a demo without a timelimit, becuase if there was we would be playing this at lans until the full version came out

grr cant get online with it, keep getting connection to login server refused err i hate gamespy.

NiTrO bOiE said:
It's pretty good. I just hate when I get TK'ed because someone didn't get the vehicle they wanted.

Thats happens to me alot in many games... except the keep on killing me for the rest of the game.

When you tk now you get -8 points if you kill someone from full health. I see a lot of servers set the kick limit low b/c they are used to BF1942 where a tk was -2. So a lot of people are being banned from servers really fast.

Back