• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your g/f and videogames

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_Zoltan

Just wondering, heck maybe this could even become a poll.

My girlfriend despises video games. She really doesnt like them, i love her to death, but damn! lol

How do your women feel about the videogame issue, if any of you other geeks have em :p

Zoltan

When i get home from work, i go strait to my computer chair... I may play games, i may read. She brings me my dinner to the computer. In other words, she is used to it.

If I had a girlfriend the wife would divorce me. :D

My wife is a gamer, so we take turns on this computer for a bit of video game action. She loves RCT3 and is mad because Soaked is not already out. There is other games (and game sites) she likes, but Roller Coaster Tycoon is by far her favorite.
Having a gamer girl, makes for easy upgrades. Just tell her hey if we get this XXX part, go can get another few FPS out of your game. Works everytime.:thup:

I love my gf :D

She plays Halo and is probably one of the best players I've seen. Her laptop is twice as nice as mine ( i9300, 6800 Go, 2 gigs of ram, 17 in UXGA) and she loves Starwars.

enduro said:
I love my gf :D

She plays Halo and is probably one of the best players I've seen. Her laptop is twice as nice as mine ( i9300, 6800 Go, 2 gigs of ram, 17 in UXGA) and she loves Starwars.

Ya see, i bet mine would be a killer gammer with some practice but she wont sit down and play them with me lol.

And thats a nice laptop, im working my *** off for the next two months to get a DELL XPS with the same setup 6800 Go, 2 gigs of ram, 17 in.
Or so i hope.
That reminds me on a post i will have to make in a month or so on laptops.
Thanks lol

Zoltan

Actually, how could i convince her to play video games? I dont want to force/pressure her cuz i dont want to change her.
But i bet she would have fun if she just played them. Im never playing them when she is over. Note, im 18 she is 17 and i live at home and she lives at home to so if/when i play games she isnt here.

i figure i just start playing some but then she might get all ya know...wtf im here lol

Zoltan

Good luck man

My gf thankfully liked games before I met her so that was easy. Keep us updated. Maybe you should tie her to a chair with a controller and just see what happens :D

Lord_Zoltan said:
Actually, how could i convince her to play video games? I dont want to force/pressure her cuz i dont want to change her.
But i bet she would have fun if she just played them. Im never playing them when she is over. Note, im 18 she is 17 and i live at home and she lives at home to so if/when i play games she isnt here.

i figure i just start playing some but then she might get all ya know...wtf im here lol

Zoltan

Multiplayer co-op might be the answer :D

I had the same problem, man. Here's what you do.

Computer games: Two words: The Sims. Bingo, your work is done.
Console: Buy her gamecube and Windwaker.

Worked on my woman. :p

Video games are my replacement for a girlfriend. Naturally not a complete replacement as computer technology still means a few issues are unaccounted for. But I shall leave that to your imaginations.

im a closet gamer when it comes to the ladies, but man there is nothing like staying up till 4 in the morning gaming, going to sleep and then waking up at 6:30 because you wanted to play more, my computer is my damn life, i don't watch TV or read the paper, i will read books and sit at the computer, i think you can learn alot more from them, and you get the chose the ideas and content being delivered to you which is nice, and one time i started playing some game and the girl looked at me like i was crazyn and i was like :""CHECK OUT TEH GORDENS FREEEMENSS!!~!~!

My girlfriend was a gamer before I met her. Sadly, she sold her PS2, PS1, and all of her games so she could buy a lot of anime. She was in love with Final Fantasy though.

Sounds like you have some pretty nice girlfriends, letting you buy upgrades so easily, and bringing you dinner to the computer. :santa:

Back