• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron w/ PC133 Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KrzyPrk

Hi,

My friend has a motherboard that supports upto 133Mhz. He has a Celeron that has a FSB speed of 66Mhz and a stick of RAM going at 133Mhz. What I would like to know if the RAM is going at 133Mhz or is it going at 66Mhz?

I have heard something about how the CPU synchronizes w/ the RAM speed.

The memory normally goes at the Front Side Bus speed which in your case is 66MHz. The memory would be able to run on the system even if you overclocked the FSB (and the CPU that sits on it) up to 133MHz. The problem for you is that the rest of the computer couldn't handle it.

You can however easily OC that system to a nice 75Mhz FSB and gain a 10% overall system speed inscrease. You prolly don't even have to increase any voltages so give it a try :)

thanks for the advice

but since it's not my computer I'll just leave it be. Also, I dont think he would want to OC it. I remember when he got it. That time I didnt know about the synchronization between the RAM and CPUs. If I had his system, I would try to OC it or get a Pentium.

dont some motherboards have a +33MHz setting for the memory?
think that would add some performance without risking anything :)
and how about setting ram to 2-2-2??? shouldnt be a problem either?

yea man i got a celeron 788mhz with pc133 ram and it running at 65mhz fsb and cas 2/2/2 and its on hostclk+33 and all perfectly stabel, i get about 50 fps on quake 3 with my tnt2 m64. which is good for that type of card, but i think its all becuase of my memory(256megs of sdram)

which i could set my mem to +33... now runnin at 103fsb :S (cel 633@979)
ow I get 65fps in Unreal Tournament (1024@16bits) with my tnt2 PCI card, which isnt bad either... :p (2058 3DMark2000)

hey guys

how do test the FPS on the game? I would like to see that. Also, I'll need to check out the +33Mhz on his mobo. that's gonna be awhile if i visit him again.

in Unreal theres an option in the mainmenu thats called "timedemo statistics", check it before you start a game :)

dunno how to use the timedemo in Quake 3... think u need a download for that :S

yo exe ddan, how the hell did you get your tnt2 to get a score that high? mine is at 1000 the highest!! can you give me anytips?
i got
256megs of sdram cas 2 pc 133
tnt2m64
quantum 20 gig 7200rpm hd
abit vl6 mobo
a burner and cdrom drive

-your card=an m64 which means its not totally a 128bits graphics card (mine is :p)
-i o/c-ed it a bit aswell--> core 125@166/memory 150@187 (with TNTCLK, nice little program :) you might wanna try it)

btw is your card AGP or PCI? mine is PCI :(

you should be able to beat my pci card score easily lol, whats your 3dmark2000 score??
*oops... this lil fool should read other ppl posts better*...

only 1000??? you sure you are running 2000 and not 2001?

btw i just ran the test again and i even got a higher score then before :S... 2810... maybe it has got something to do with the "standard" settings in 3dmark for my 3d card (1024*768*16 16bits textures 16bit ZBuffer Triple Frame Buffer) ill run it at 32bits and see what the result is...

score went down to 2023, skipped a third test though (cpu test, because my screen wasnt in 16bit mode... duh) settings: (1024*768*32 32bits textures 24bit ZBuffer Triple Frame Buffer)

Last edited:
nope, just the standard HS + Fan on the chip itself and nothing on the memory chips... *wondering if blue orb + HS on mem chips would help reach higher speeds :p *

Damn your god. I have a Celeron 633@788 core 1,65V. Its on a Asus TUSL2-C board. Just cant make it run any faster..... Damn. Any ideas why??? Well i made i go 807 Mhz on 1,7V.........

Thanks Peter

Asus TUSL2-C with Celeron 633@788
128 MB PC100
Asus V7100 MX400 Geforce2 32 MB

Back