• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still can't decide on a new PSU...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JudgeDredd

I need a new power supply but can't seem to decide what would be the best for my system. My system specs are in the rig, but when the X2 comes out, I plan to upgrade to that for my processor, as well as move up to 2GBs of RAM. Some places I've read state that the power consumption and heat output on the new X2 shouldn't be that much higher than a standard A64, but I find that hard to believe.

I'm honestly leaning towards the PCP&C SLI-510 just because of the reputation, but really don't know if this would be the best choice considering it only has a single 12V line, not to mention I still can't figure out what type of 12V line configuration would be better for the type of system I will have. My other choice is an Antec 550 TrueControl 2.0. I like this route better because the rails are pretty damn good (2x12v@19A), not to mention the rail pots, cheaper price, and less noise. My previous Antec TP 480 did really well back in the day, and I've always thought highly of them. I read larva's thread on the TPII and I'm willing to fix the fan problem, if there would even be one since I have a pretty good amount of positive case pressure.

Warranty isn't a factor because if I get the PCP&C I plan to replace the fan inside with a lot quieter Panaflo.

Opinions would be a great help.

Back