• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which is better card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 256M memory on those cards dosent help them at all. Short answer is the ATI is better. If you can spar a few bucks the Nvidia 6200 should beat both or even better the 6600 for about $100.

kool

where can i get the 6600 for $100? what about the 9800 ati card, is the 6600 better then it?

If you're looking at spending $100, a 6200 or 6600 is your best bet. A 9800PRO is just shy of being as fast as a 6600GT, which for $150 is an outstanding card. Save up an extra $50 and you'll really be pleased with the difference.

koolm1ke said:
ati 9550, 256ddr, or the nvidia 5500 i think thats what i seen, 256ddr?
9550 is supior especialy in overclocking ability u see it is baised on the 9800 core :) but if u want a good cheap gfx card get a 128 bit (<<not 64 bit 64 makes the thing soooo much slower) 6200 they can be oced verry well and can also be moded to more pipes :) 6200 @ 6600<:) (bios mod too)

Last edited:
im running an 9550 now

im using an ati 9550 now, ive tried o/c it but really didnt see much reason in adding heat inside my pc, and frying my card when i dont get any fps increse. so guys are saying my system is holding me back, so i dunno. i may take this 9550 back and get my money back, and get another card, i paid $131 and some change for after taxes. so where can i get a nvidia 6600gt or better card then the 9550 for around $150? or a lil under? at some local retailers? best buy, circuit city, eb games? i hate to take my card back then not be able to find a local place to get another like u guys are prefering.

i am sean

i am using ati tool tray, where is this thing ur talking about in the menu? ihave got my core up over 450 but im not sure about the mem speed. i uped my memory to high at once, then i seen a ugly multi color screen.

not sure

when i do oc it, and go play a game i dont see a fps increse. but i saved my oc setting to a profile, i can load it when i want.

nah i havent ran any benchmarks yet, really havent thought of it.

Back