• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

proper running temp for xp 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||BOD||FLUX

Registered
I just installed an xp-3200 in a gigabyte 7n400s board and I'm using a zalman copper butterfly cooler with the stock 80mm running full and a secondary 60mm case fan but my temp at idle is still 60c is this too high? My old sempron 2600 and xp 2000 both never got over 43c even when gaming, does the 3200 just run hot or do I need a better cooling solution

3200 was the last XP released, and the fastest.

that is rather high for an idle temp. Does it get that high with the side panel off?

does the heatsink feel that hot? Could be weird sensors..

i would say thats alittle high....

like know nuttin said it could just be the sensors.

my XP-M 2600 is stock @ 2.0ghz and is running @ 2.2ghz and with my SI-97 doesnt go over 45C when gaming with CS:S @ full graphics.

i really liked my zalman before on my P4, i had both the Zalman 7000 and 7700 so i got to see the use of the 80mm fan and 120mm fan. the 7700 with 120mm fan looks very impressive, but to me its more of a show piece.

if you can get a SI-97 or the copper variation, i cant remember the name of the copper one right now, and then get a nice 90/92mm fan for it and you should be set with good temps.

also, where are you checking this temp from? BIOS or the software that came with gigabyte mobo?

i dont know if it would make a difference, but i would check BIOS and see what it idles @ in there, but it probably wont matter sinse it'll probably be the same probe, but i am thinking maybe its the software reading it incorrectly?????

it feels very warm to the touch and hot near the processor, also I checked the bios and it agreed right at 60c

hmm looks like I need a new cooler (darn that butterfly copper coooler looked cool and had worked great for a long time but ohh well )

Just now I've got Barton 2500 @ Mobile running 11.5*200 = 2300MHz at 1.75v, so it's a little higher than XP3200 - temps are 47-50°C at silent air cooling and it's pretty hot in room. Maybe try using good thermal paste an putting your fan in the way it blows from side on your heatsink - if air moves along fins it should be more efficient.

I just built a rig for my maw with an Xp3200 and it runs hot as well. Its becuase of the case and its location though, Weak front panel fan and weak rear fan, not much opening for airflow. Its got Tt 80mm with auto fan speed on the CPU. That thing sits at full speed and 58*c most of the time :bang head

Back