• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New OCZ Ram Trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

njkid32

I just got some OCZ-OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K 512x2 to replace my Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL cause I just wasnt happy with it. I felt like it was holding me back. My question is, I just cant get the mem settings correct I am running 2.5-3-3-8 2T. I just cant get 1T to work after HTT-250. Maybe someone has some ideas on what settings to use for the ram timings. I have tested my CPU up to HTT-312 so I know it will go there but I just need to get these timings correct. I have read several reviews on this ram and everyone seems to get great results out of it so thats why I got it. I am running 3.0v to it right now with a 150 divider and a 290 HTT. Thank you in advance!

ummm u might need to cool the memory. It gets mighty hot. U can feel the ram yourself

First step is to give it atleast 3.3v.

Get rid of any dividers and go from there.

People say burn in helps, but I don't believe in that. Worth a shot if you pray to the OCing gods.

Yes you are right the ram get really hot! So I took an extra fan and put it on the ram. So now I have 3.3v but in order to run 1T I have to use a 133 divder. Well I am also running at 300 HTT. Just to get to this point I have to keep everything in the bios set to auto so the ram is running 2.5-3-2-5 at 192.9. Now I know that I can turn the HTT to 312 and that should get my ram over 200 but I'm not sure if there will be errors or not. I ran memtest for 50 full passes with the extra cooling with no errors. This still better than my twinx.

Back