• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange memory issue....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highlander

Rather than cluttering up the other "What ram for Dothan rig" thread, started a new one...

Got 2*256 BH5 and a new ddr booster, replacing 2*512 TCCD. Running 250 2,2,2,5 now, as opposed to 250 2.5,3,3,5 before.
This should give a reasonable boost in performance, however it appears not to have.
Everest mem bw is ~ 5.8gb/s with a latency of 50ns
Super Pi 1m has dropped from 28.1 secs to 28.4
The only gain has been in winrar encoding...
3dmark's drago low is down ~ 10fps havent run the others however, gave up when I noticed the dropped drago.

These results might be right, but they really dont seem to make any sense at all.
On another note, PAT is now enabled at 250, where it was disabled before, which again you'd assume would help things out a fair bit.

Would switching from a P4P800 to the P4C have any effect on this?

Cheers for any advice guys :)

Mate,

I saw a similar thing when I bumped up my TCCD to 300 MHz 2.5-4-3-10-1T from 270Mhz (2.5-4-4-10-1T). The only explanation I would offer is that your CPU is bottlenecking your RAM. When I increase my CPU OC to 2.85Mhz, the bottleneck is relieved. Maybe you ought to try the same.

Hope this helps,

S-N

CPU's maxed :( wont run any faster at all :( Would kind of make sense though :)

Back