• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm, no one's posted this? Themalright GPU cooler reviewed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good find! I see they have a pre-production unit. 80mm fan that has a 3 prong connector plugs into the mobo- 24cfm fan- I smell massive modability. Electron Chaser will have a ducted 120mm delta with the Fan shroud mods I bet! ...

Slake said:
Good find! I see they have a pre-production unit. 80mm fan that has a 3 prong connector plugs into the mobo- 24cfm fan- I smell massive modability. Electron Chaser will have a ducted 120mm delta with the Fan shroud mods I bet! ...

Lol, I can see him going even farther than that. ;)

It seems to be a very nice cooler, plus it has 9800 compatibility which is definitely beneficial for me. :)

Dude, looks like Thermalright is entering the GPU cooling market as THE best air cooling. Why am I not surprised. :) But damn it's equivalent to water cooling? :drool:
These going on the market soon? Cuz I'll soon be getting an X800PRO and I want this cooler! :p

Damn well about time. Given the low heat output of GPU's, it's not surprising that the difference between good air cooling and watercooling is so tiny.

While it performs nicely, its a serious gaff to make memory cooling such a secondary consideration. This design pretty much eliminates any chance of putting any kind of sink on the pair of memory chips underneath the pipes, and this is very short-sighted.

In terms of thermal performance, my AeroCool VM-101 gets a bigger job (5900@475MHz core) done passively in my system. If I were to fasten a couple of silent 50mm fans to its fin assembly, I'm sure it would keep up with this. And I can still sink the memory chips (and the cooler cost me all of $18.95). As much as I like Thermalright, I've already done better than that for myself.

Yeah, I don't like the lack of memory cooling and clearance issues. The Aerocool does look ripe for modding the way you did larva, especially with the dense fins making serious case airflow mandatory for decent passive performance.

Looks like it might actually fit in a shuttle, if you weren't using the PCI slot. Unfortunately, my 9800 Pro sits right next to my E-MU 0404, so it looks like that cooler is out of the question.

Its not surprising that its equal to low end water, we see that with TR CPU cooling products.

Slake said:
MWAHAHAHAHAH..... I have an 80mm Sunon Screamer ready to go. While clearence will be an issue for 6800s I dont think it will be for my 6600NU

Slake said:

LOL the wheels are already turning on this one. :burn: If it can take an 80 X 15mm fan I'm sure I can squeeze in a 120 X 38mm one in there. LOL

Electron Chaser said:
LOL the wheels are already turning on this one. :burn: If it can take an 80 X 15mm fan I'm sure I can squeeze in a 120 X 38mm one in there. LOL
Or atleast a 92mm thats for sure. I dunno bout you bro, but Im getting one.

Speaking of doing better for oneself... :p

9800heatsink.JPG

But its not like modding CPU heatsinks is a viable option for everyone, and its high time that someone came out with something that wasn't a dinky excuse of a cooler (like every other one on the market).

Electron Chaser said:

no matter what size just make sure its a delta :)

Back