• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC-DL droop mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Hey ya fellas. I am modding my PC-DL and have done the U wire for 1.6v, the V-dimm 10k vr but want to know what kind of V-r for the droop mod. The bros over at datamine are using a 200k for the droop. I only have 1k,10,50, & 100k v-r. I was hoping that I could get by with a 50 or 100k.

My P4C800-E uses a 50k set to 38ohms for the v-core droop mod...?

Any help is apprecieated... :)

A 200k is what is suggested.

a 100k fixed and 100k VR, or 2 100k VRs would be what I would use if you don't have a 200k.

I ordered a whole bunch more VRs, and the 200ks where what was on back order. otherwise Id help you out.

Like I said, Id also do vCPU instead of vDroop.

{PMS}fishy said:
A 200k is what is suggested.

a 100k fixed and 100k VR, or 2 100k VRs would be what I would use if you don't have a 200k.

I ordered a whole bunch more VRs, and the 200ks where what was on back order. otherwise Id help you out.

Like I said, Id also do vCPU instead of vDroop.

Thanks brudda! I think I will just stick to the U wire & 10k v-r v-dimm mod. The droop & high v-core mods looks insanely impossible. The resistires and the legs on the IC chip are super-mico-one-celled-organism to small for me.

krag said:
Thanks brudda! I think I will just stick to the U wire & 10k v-r v-dimm mod. The droop & high v-core mods looks insanely impossible. The resistires and the legs on the IC chip are super-mico-one-celled-organism to small for me.

If you want to send me the MB, I can hook it up.

I did Diehrds.

The resistors that need to be soldered for vdroop and vCPU are not that bad.

I can attest to the mods..i am set at 1.65 idle and never drop below 1.61 at load ..Look at my over clock ! 3675 Stable 24/7..Also I am using OCZ value ram at 3.3v and i run 2225 flawlessly with it ..

Thanks fellas...I am a fishy micro mod believer... :cool: I put it together last night and will be testing it this week. Its a customers setup but he wont' have the money for at least a month. So I will proly end up sending it to you fishy, I just wanna play with it for now... :cool: :p Could you PM me for the mods-price? :santa:

Back