• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help deciding on a case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dbcalo

ok so im building a new system and my current case is just too large. so now im looking for something that is much smaller. i would idealy like to find something with at least one 120mm fan and two 80mm fans, but would like a case with two 120mm fans. is there an advantage to having a 120mm in the back and a 80mm in the front? anyway, basically im looking for something small enough that can be made very quiet and cool well.

the parts im thinking of so far are:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939

pqi TURBO 1GB (2 x 512MB) pc3200

Leadtek PX6600GT TDH Geforce 6600GT 128MB

CHAINTECH AV-710

THERMALRIGHT XP-90 Heatsink

do you guys think this antec case will suite my needs?
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=140113&affiliate=pricegrabber

Last edited:
I would go spend some time at Newegg and check out their wide variety of cases. Then pick out your PSU seperately. It looks like you got a good list going there so far so don't short change yourself with a barely adequate PSU/case combo.

i forgot to mention that i have a fortron bluestorm 500w, so if its not enought i can swap that one in. im sure that the antec 350 can power my current rig just fine. was the power supply the only thing wrong with that particular case? i kind of like plain cases.

i also found the antec on amazon with free shipping and on sale. $86.44

my reasoning behind getting this case is that its shorter than my current case, which is about 2 inches below the bottom of the desk, and this new antec will be low enough to allow me to use it as a leg rest. :)

Last edited:
Know Nuttin said:
I'd go for this one, just for the extra bit of power

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=140114

what fan do you intend to use with the XP-90?

I really like my Thermaltake Big Typhoon. Cooled better than my XP-90, at a lower noise level. if you want good quiet cooling, consider this heatsink.

I plan to use this 90x25 panaflo. it's supposed to be 56.8 CFM and 35.0 dB-A.

im also tossing in some of this sound dampening material, as well as replacing all of the stock case fans with this 120mm, and two of these 80mm's.

Last edited:
Back