• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a REALLY GOOD PHP/MySql tutorial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

I got all my MySql and Apache servers hooked up for my development server on my laptop.

However, I need to now find a good tutorial that teaches how the two setups interface.

If theres a PHP quick Reference guide thats really good I would appreciate it to.

Anything you guys learned, or are learning off of, would prolly cut the bill. Wading through a large amount of crap on google didn't net me a whole lot of good stuff.

buy the sitepoint book, Build your own database driven website using mysql and php.

http://sitepoint.com

I have a copy and its really easy to follow along with. It will get you started.

w3schools is a good resource too but only has enough content on any subject to keep you busy for a day. A great refresher though.

Aight, I have a couple books from the guy I'm apprenticing at his web design firm

(check out www.dynamiteweb.com)

Yes, I know the webpage is ugly, but thats a nearly 3 year old web page :p, and he has to much work to update it.

Anyways, I am becomeing t3h l337, one database driven function at a time ;)

thanks for the tutorials guys :) THe freewebmasterhelp one is exquisite :) You learn so much from having to work on something for a good 5 hours at a time, nothing else to do ;)

Back