• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to tell if both memory controllers are active?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itim100

Does a sandra memory bandwidth score of around 3000 sound right for a computer running dual channel DDR400? I'm suspicious that both channels are not working properly: when i take out one stick the score goes down very marginally, like a hundred points or so. I tried using different combinations of slots, in case i had the two sticks on the same channel, but no luck.

I thought 1 stick of PC3200 should get around 2900 mb/s and 2 get around 5800. What should an NF7-S with two sticks of PC3200 get in sandra?

Thanks for any help.

Just because it's dual channel doesnt mean that it's going to double your bandwidth. At first it might sound like it would, but the actual gain is rather insignificant. A lot of the time extreme overclockers will run only one stick because higher clockspeeds can compensate for running in single channel - cuz the difference between single and dual is not that much.

Back