• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help trying to get better printing quality

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tazon

i have a problem with my printer. it's an Epson CX3200. The thing is, it won't print greys right. it prints them using colors, and so they end up looking kinda blueish-redish. If i set the printer to print only in greyscale everything works fine, it uses the black ink to print greys. But when i need to print greys and colours in the same paper i'm screwed. i checked to see the colour composition of my greys and in CMYK it shows only black as it should. i tried different colour profiles for the printer but i really don't know what i am doing. anyone knows how to fix this?

emilio

PS: the printer nozzles seem fine, since everything else that is in colour prints fine.

I had a similar issue with my Lexmark color photo printer and turns out the ink was low. Doesn't sound like that's the case if your test pages are fine, but if it's an old cartidge there's a chance it isn't providing enough ink for long enough (test prints don't require much ink).

I would have guessed color profile issues. Last item could be a driver problem, but that's not very likely either. I'm assuming you've poked around Epson's website for a possible answer?

Make sure you are using the correct color profile for the paper that you are using. If it is epson paper, the profiles are probably already in the driver, if you are using someone elses, you need to find their profile. You are using photo paper, right?

Btw- its ok that its using colors to print b&w. They do that so that they can get a better tonal range out of it. I know, it sounds weird, but when everything is set up right, it works.

Back