• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SpeedStep and Windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
I was going to follow the front page article with my 1.5 Pentium M (Banias) but I can't find how to disable SpeedStep in Windows XP Pro. Can someone point me to a how to?

THKS in advance :D

[edit] To give more info and point me to the basics, I found this.

What I'm confused is with the ability to use the Crystal program found in tha article. It keeps sayiong that SpeedStep is active. I have already disable it in the BIOS, and have the PC as "always on".....acording to the infor I have with this SS should be disable.[/edit]

Last edited:
Yes, always on and disabling it in the bios should do it. The program may just be reading whether it's a function of the chip, and not actually bothering to check whether that function is even in use at the moment it runs its scan.

THKS pal ;)

With my 1.5 GHZ Banias with a default voltage of 1.48, I have been able to decrese the voltage to 1.25 so far at 11x......testing all day long for stability before going below, as I have fund a freeze at 1.21.....still it's a 15% decrease in voltage.

After checking this one the next step will be 11x and 6x.....not that I use it as I crunch SETI 24/7 :D

Back