• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get smp bridge to close on thoroughbread b :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arr2036

Registered
I've tried painting it cleaning it , scraping the dots with a mini screwdriver , whatever i do the system isn't recognising it as MP capable . I have another xp1700 chip which worked first time when i closed the bridge with conductive paint so i know it's not the board .

So are there any other ways to enable SMP on a athlon chip , or are there any other ways to close bridge 3 l5 on an athlon chip :S

I wouldnt be so bothered , it's just i've got this chip up to 2.5ghz and it's one of a pair of jiuhb dlt3c's which are becoming increasingly rare :(

When I have trouble with an MP mod, I carefully insert and exacto knife into the bridge I want to paint to clear debris and make the gap slightly larger. Then fill in the nearby bridges with crayon. Then try painting again.

Thanks for your reply !
I got it working in the end though ,
First i sanded down the area around the l5 bridges to expose the copper grid underneath , then like you said i cleared all the debris out of the gap with a very fine knife . Next i cleaned the whole thing up with isopryol alcohol , and ground a sharp point onto one of my old soldering irons with a dremel , then connected one side of the bridge to the copper grid with silver solder .

Now sandra sees both cpu's as SMP / FID / Power now capable :) with 24x max mobile multis.

Back