• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

two watercooling setups or one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rezo

Registered
alright... i have a little question here... i am going to be ordering two maze2's, two coolingcubes, two pumps and two pelts from dangerden for a new dual amd system im gonna get...

my one question is: should i run it like this:

pump1 -> cpu 1 -> radiator1 -> pump2 -> cpu2 -> radiator2 -> resevoir

or like this:

pump -> cpu1 -> radiator1

and another loop

pump -> cpu2 -> radiator2

?

i will most likely have a resevoir in the first mentioned loop, but im not sure if i will run a closed loop or an open loop system if i have two loops for each processor...:confused:

Just use one watercooling setup and split the water with a Y joint so each CPU gets the same temp water.

having everything hooked together might save you if one of the pumps died. probably the best setup.

Morphoius said:
Just use one watercooling setup and split the water with a Y joint so each CPU gets the same temp water.

having everything hooked together might save you if one of the pumps died. probably the best setup.
I agree. Put the cpus in parallel instead of series. Go with a larger radiator with dual low cfm fan to decrease noise and possibly a third larger reservoir. I'd love to see how you get all that tubing in and out of the case.

hehe yep... lots of tubing...

thanks ur opinons... ill take a picture of it when im done... green dye and green uv dye w/a blacklight should look nice... too bad i have to wait for it all to ship to here =\

thanks again

rezo said:
hehe yep... lots of tubing...

thanks ur opinons... ill take a picture of it when im done... green dye and green uv dye w/a blacklight should look nice... too bad i have to wait for it all to ship to here =\

thanks again
I know about the shipping. I paid $32.00 yesterday to get a hsf delivered today and i"m told I won't get it till monday anyway:mad: They say I neede to pay an additional $10.00 to get it today. I work 12hr shifts so now it'll be next weekend to get my main sys back up.:eek: :mad: :mad:

I think you would get better results if you used one pelt to cool the cpu, and the second pelt to chill the water going to the pelt on the cpu

Back