• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geestring

Im not too experienced with ocing......

I got up to 230 x 16 but then my system restarted on bootup.....

my temps are good.. 36 idle, a few degrees higher on load... i have a wc setup..

Prime i've been running for a shortwhile, maybe not long enough to get hot.

should I raise the voltage so my system doesnt reboot..

what about my ram timings?

more voltage to your ram... i know that that stuff thrives off of voltage

you also might want to loosen your ram timings from 2-2-2-5 a bit

but as far as the CPU voltage goes, 1.525 is usually the max for air cooling (hope you have a good HSF)

what voltage are you running your cpu @ now?

also are you running the prime95 torture test that makes for maximum heat and power consumption and running 2 instances of it to fully load your cpu down?

right now everything is at the default except for the fsb.....

I have water setup... so its pretty cool.

what should i set my timings to?

No i was just running one prime test.... so even that cant handle it.

id try upping the vcore a bit first as mentioned above id definantly try to keep it under 1.52 or so dependant on the heat particularly that of hte powermosfets moreso than the cpu itself.

i wouldnt touch the memory atm in all honesty. do you have memtest86? if you run memtest you can tell what your memorys capable of stability wise and go from there. id try to get it as high as i could with 2-2-2-5 then go from there to 2.5-2-2-6 then up to 2.5-2-3-6 then try 2.5-3-3-6 and then 2.5-3-3-7 you want to try and keep ahold of the tighter timings though especially on an intel system where communication between the memory and the chipset needs to be as efficient as possible. what do you have voltage wise going to your memory?

that was me asking if i could do it with my processor...... fine i guess i should compact everything into one thread... oh and this is the second thread related to my 3.2E... "over and over" dont "over" exaggerate.

Looks like Hawtrawkr has been giving you good advice. You went from default vcore to 1.48v? I would do smaller steps. Maybe try vcore at 1.45v and raise the vdimm (dram voltage) to 2.7v. Definitely lock/fix the AGP/PCI to 66/33. For now, I'd leave the RAM timings at the SPD settings until you find the limits of your system. You can fine tune the system by tweaking the timings later. Now try that 230 FSB. Check load temps and test for stability. Let us know if that works.

the vdimm voltage can be also called ddr reference voltage? i just want to make sure... i have 4 choices for the reference voltage...

geestring said:
the vdimm voltage can be also called ddr reference voltage? i just want to make sure... i have 4 choices for the reference voltage...

DDR voltage = vdimm = dram voltage = memory voltage

What is your 3.2e Scode? (Example: SL7KC, SL7PN) / stepping (Example: EO, DO, and CO) If you have a CO Stepping, then its gonna be hard making it over 4ghz. EO / DOs love the magic 4.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
What is your 3.2e Scode? (Example: SL7KC, SL7PN) / stepping (Example: EO, DO, and CO) If you have a CO Stepping, then its gonna be hard making it over 4ghz. EO / DOs love the magic 4.

hes got a co stepping one it will be hard to get it to 4ghz or over.

geestring what error are you getting when prime fails?

Back