• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best LGA 775 Heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7. It dropped my temps 11c from the stock cooler. I can't compare that to a xp-120, but it is another option for you. It is also cheap. I got it for $22+shipping. It also doesn't require any mounting brackets. It uses the same pins as the stock cooler.

I think that htere are better coolers than XP-120,for example XP-90C.
Situation has to clarify a bit - there ar ea few interesting heatsinks by Scythe.
Anyway XP-120 is no longer king of the hill.

well xp 120 is good i mean for the prices and everything its fine ...for the king of the hill stuff .....every product goes through it ..doesn't mean u dont stop buying it :D

Ven0m said:
I think that htere are better coolers than XP-120,for example XP-90C.
Situation has to clarify a bit - there ar ea few interesting heatsinks by Scythe.
Anyway XP-120 is no longer king of the hill.
Can you clarify how to compare an XP-90c and an XP-120? At similar CFM, you are correct. But since 120mms move more air, I thought they were pretty similar performing...

IWasHungry said:
Can you clarify how to compare an XP-90c and an XP-120? At similar CFM, you are correct. But since 120mms move more air, I thought they were pretty similar performing...
I think that instead of comparing 2 coolers of which I haven't used any, I'd better post 2 links:
http://overclockers.com/articles1043/
http://overclockers.com/articles1211/

XP-90C looks simply better - not only with lower airflow, but also with lower fan RPM. I actually think that a few other coolers might be better than XP-120. Perhaps it would involve some modding.
Candidates are:
- TT Sonic Tower
- 2 huge Scythe coolers
- AC Freezer with some tweaks

basically the xp-90C and the xp-120 are both very close to eachother in performance decibal to decibal.

however. the xp-90C is slightly better (ive had both as well as read comparison reviews.)

1. its compatible with all motherboards,
2. it performs better.
3. its 2 times as heavy as the xp-120 (for shipping safety consideration)

so if you are going to be shipping the computer and the xp-120 fits, then that would be the right choice

if you arnt shipping it , then the xp90-c is the winner

my xp-90C with a 14dba 92mm 36CFM silenx fan performed equally with my XP-120 with a 120mm 153CFM fan

i will never buy another fan that isnt silenx again. you cant even hear them.

Back