• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My current OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
I wanna see what ya'll think about my current OC. Its not as far as I can push this little sempron, but with my RAM as limited as it is (PC2100), I can't go much further.... with faster RAM (and a larger budget which i DO NOT have at this time), i'm sure I can do it

To let you know, i started with a base Sempron 2400+ and Two 512MB PC2100 Modules at 2.5,3,3,6

CPU-Z.JPG

Last edited:
not bad, that RAM does suck, but it got you to 2ghz. set the divider lower maybe you can get more outta your CPU.

Id hope that it is RAM limited because I was hitting 2ghz on Tbred A CPUs close to 2 years ago.

Re current OC

I have been at this for some time and I agree I hit 2G with a 1700 Pally on waer cooling granted that was @2.0 V on an Epox but anyway.
lower the divider as mentioned up the voltage and let that sempy have it
My current project is trying to get a thornton to 2.8 I can get mine to 2.4 just waiting on the funds for DDR 400 to do it

I don't have a divider setting in BIOS guys. I gotta do all the math in my head (which i suck at). i had a tip in the folding forums to up my T-RAS to 10 or 11 and tighten my other settings, and then up the FSB on my Semp again... (its up to 1.675 vcore to boot stable as is... how far can i safely take this on air-cooling? (volcano 12+, currently at 42C on full load at current OC)

Sometimes you can push cheap ram a little more by lowering the timings and upping the RAM voltage..... as for the cpu just keep upping it and keep an eye on the temps with that setup you should be able to hit 2.2 pretty easily my thornton would hit 2.3 with pc 2100... just depends just keep tinkering. all overclocking is finding that sweet spot between the fsb ram etc that makes the system hum I have seen dome of the machhines with the highest OC be some of the slowest or buggiest machines. just keep the temp below 55 @ full load...
Cheers

I always push my athlon, xpm, or sempron to 1.9v as long as temp is below 50C.

I got a sempron 2200 to 9x235 @ 1.85v stable.
Also pushed my gf's old sempron 2600 to 12x200 @ 1.9v, but lowered to 11x200 @ 1.75v cuz she doesn't have a good cooling.

so you should be able to get 2.1~2.4ghz with good cooling, better ram, and more juice to the chip.

Back