• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first stab @ ocing my a64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabbiani

Well I finally got the urge to tinker. Well I can blame it on the BF2 demo.

Played with lots of settings for a long time last night. See sig for what I stayed on.

I am running 1:1 right now so my memory is the limiting factor. I have some generic Gateway 3200 that has infeneon chips. Figured it would not do a hair past 200. So I started testing. Went fine up to 225 @ stock voltage and auto timings. 240 would pass memtest only with loose timings and 3.0V plus extra on the chipset. I don't know how much this mem will handle so I stopped there.

CPU worked its way up to 230x10 before needing mush more voltage. 1.6V would get me 240, then I did prime a few minutes at 250, but it took 1.7V to stop it from erroring within seconds. Again pushing my comfort level.

So to stay safe (and cool) I settled at 230x10 1:1 and primed all night and morning with no errors. So far things feel much perkier and I hope to try for more later on.

Edit** Its a winnie

Pics can come if needed. Should I be happy here or try for more?

as i know the average for winnie is 2.5 ghz
good one can get as high as 2.7.2.9 with good stepennig *bbid

as i can see your temp are good maybe u are missing somethings or u have a poor winchester
what stepening is it??

makaka said:
as i know the average for winnie is 2.5 ghz
good one can get as high as 2.7.2.9 with good stepennig *bbid

as i can see your temp are good maybe u are missing somethings or u have a poor winchester
what stepening is it??

I was in such a hurry to get it together I didn't check. Would cpuz or something give the stepping? Don't want to take the water block off again.

I have been looking at some more threads and I think that is about right. 1.65V-1.7V should get me a stable 2.5, but then memory is an issue. I may just slack off to 2t and see if it will go farther. I was scared to go past 3.0V on unknown mem.

Would cpuz or something give the stepping? no

what kind off cooling are u using?
set your ram to 166 or 133 then try to get the cpu hier use 4*htt up to 250-240 and 3x for 250+
1.6v -1 .7 sound high for 0.09 chip 1.65v is max safe
are your rail ok ??
try to overclock using only one stick download memtest to test your memory
try 1t for the ram mem controler suffer form big timmig
how much voltage of the cpu display cpuz?

Well I played even more with it last night. I did finally hit 2.5, but it was with a divider on the memory. It won't run on 9:10 (defaults to 1:1) so I did 5:6 @ 278. Mem held on and just over 1.7V the cpu finally got stable. Too much voltage for me, so I backed off again to my previous 2.3GHZ. I am happy there

Back